How do I update my D-link router to the latest version
In this post, we will discuss how to update the D-link wifi router to the latest version. In order to update the D-Link wifi router to the latest version, you will need to find the latest version of firmware and update it into your D-link wifi router. Make sure you follow the below-mentioned steps carefully in order to avoid facing any issue. In case you come across any issue, contact us immediately and we will help you resolve the issue within minutes. First of all, you need to proceed with the D-link wifi router login process so that you get inside the router and go through the rest of the instructions.
D-link wifi login
- To update the firmware of D-link DIR-819 wifi router first of all, you need to sign into the D-link wifi router.
- To log into the D-link DIR-819 wifi router, you need to open an internet browser, such as Google Chrome, Mozilla, or Apple Safari.
- Enter the D-link wifi default web address of your D-link wifi router i.e., dlinkrouter.local into the address bar of the internet browser and click Go or Submit.
- Now you will see the Dlinkrouter local login page on your screen asking you to enter the login credentials of your device i.e., username and password.
Updating D-link wifi router to the latest version
Now that you have logged into the D-link wifi system, you need to proceed further. Here are the instructions to update the D-link wifi router to the latest version.
- Navigate to the Administration page of the D-Link DIR-819 router and look for the Router Update tab.
- Click the Router Update tab and you will be asked to upload the firmware image file to the web-based interface.
- Open another tab in the same internet browser and navigate to the official D-link firmware website.
- Enter the model number of your D-link wifi router. In this case, your model number will be DIR-819.
- If the latest firmware version is available, you will be able to see it on the website. Click the Download tab and the firmware image file will be saved on your desktop.
- Now close the tab and go back to the previous tab. Upload the same firmware image file saved on your desktop and click Update.
- Wait while your router processes the firmware version. It will take a few seconds to complete the process. The device will automatically attempt to reboot.
- If the device does not restart automatically, reboot it manually.
- After the device is active again, check the internet connectivity on your wireless network.
So this post was all about how to update the D-link wifi router to the latest version. We hope you got to learn how to proceed with the D-Link wifi router firmware update process. If you are unable to carry any instruction on your own in order to resolve the issue, please don’t go further. We recommend you to stop the process immediately as you may slide into technical difficulties. Feel free to contact us or chat with us in order to resolve any issue on your own.